Okanagan Hockey Camps is now accepting resumes for Head On Ice Instructors for our 2017 summer camp operations in Calgary, AB, Edmonton, AB, Kelowna, BC, and Penticton, BC.
If working with youth players in a structured, fun, fast paced environment appeals to you please submit your playing and work resume with a cover letter to email@example.com. Please identify in your cover letter which location you are looking to work at, period you can commit to and position you are applying for.
• Following the OH Camps programming, lead groups in on ice instruction.
• Responsible for safety and well-being of players
• Model positive and appropriate behavior to players and other OH staff
• Provide feedback and encouragement throughout all activities
• Review on ice programming with support staff prior to ice sessions.
• Lead on ice programming for specific groups as directed, following the program outline and deliverables.
• Engage with students and provide feedback and correction on skating, shooting, passing, checking and puck handling techniques
• Assist in evaluation process as required.
• Provide feedback and mentorship to Assistant and other on ice staff.
• Deal with and report any behavioral issues and incidents that occur.
• Engage with customers as required in a positive and caring manner.
• Carry out all of the Policies and Procedures as set forth by OHG.
• Previous Junior, College or Professional hockey playing experience.
• Previous coaching or instructing experience.
• Create an environment that encourages players to reach their full potential
• Positive, energetic, enthusiastic, confident and able to connect with youth athletes
• Willingness to work flexible schedule and should be able to commit to length of camp
• Leadership / Team Building / Problem Solving / Conflict Resolution
• Creative approach to solutions
These positions are both very rewarding and demanding and applicants must enjoy teaching the game of hockey to youth players of all levels and abilities. By joining our team you will have an opportunity to create new friendships with other staff, touch the lives of the players in your care, and add valuable experience to your resume.
Salary will depend upon experience and work load. Successful applicants will be required to pass a Criminal Record Check. Successful applicants will also be required to complete online training prior to commencement of employment. First aid training considered an asset.
During my three years in Penticton, OHA was influential in my growth as a student, an athlete, and most importantly a person. Their overwhelming support made the city feel like home and the community feel like family. It was truly a first class experience, in an elite program that has prepared me for my time in university and any future endeavors."