Work with Us: Head On-Ice Instructor
Jan 13, 2020
Okanagan Hockey Camps is now accepting resumes for Head On-Ice Instructors for our 2020 summer camp operations in Calgary, AB, Edmonton, AB, Kelowna, BC, and Penticton, BC. If working with youth players in a structured, fun, fast-paced environment appeals to you please submit your playing and work resume to email@example.com Please identify which location you are looking to work at.
- Following the OH Camps programming, lead groups in on-ice instruction.
- Responsible for safety and well-being of players
- Model positive and appropriate behaviour to players and other OH staff
- Provide feedback and encouragement throughout activities
- Review on ice programming with support staff prior to ice sessions.
- Lead on-ice programming for specific groups as directed, following the program outline and deliverables.
- Engage with students and provide feedback and correction on skating, shooting, passing, checking and puck handling techniques
- Assist in evaluation process as required.
- Provide feedback and mentorship to Assistant and other on-ice staff.
- Deal with and report any behavioral issues and incidents that occur.
- Engage with customers as required in a positive and caring manner.
- Carry out all of the Policies and Procedures as set forth by OHG.
- Previous Junior, College or Professional hockey playing experience.
- Previous coaching or instructing experience.
- Create an environment that encourages players to reach their full potential
- Friendly, upbeat, caring positive attitude
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and should be able to commit to the length of camp
- Leadership / Team Building / Problem Solving / Conflict Resolution
- Creative approach to solutions
These positions are both very rewarding and demanding and applicants must enjoy teaching the game of hockey to youth players of all levels and abilities. By joining our team you will have an opportunity to create new friendships with other staff, touch the lives of the players in your care, and add valuable experience to your resume.
Salary will depend upon experience and workload. Successful candidates will be required to pass a Criminal Record Check.