Okanagan Hockey Camps is now accepting resumes for Off Ice Skills Centre Instructor for our 2017 summer camp operations in Calgary, AB, Edmonton, AB, Kelowna, BC, and Penticton, BC. If working with youth players in a structured, fun, fast paced environment appeals to you please submit your playing and work resume with a cover letter to email@example.com. Please identify in your cover letter which location you are looking to work at, period you can commit to and position you are applying for.
• Guide players through Skills Centre stations and activities
• Responsible for safety and well-being of players
• Model positive and appropriate behaviour to players and other OH staff
• Provide feedback, correction and encouragement throughout the sessions.
• Oversee Skills Centre, ensuring building is opened and locked around daily schedule.
• Provide instruction, feedback and correction for all stations as outlined in Skills Centre curriculum.
• Clean, organize, maintain all Skills Centre equipment.
• Deal with and report any behavioral issues and incidents that occur.
• Engage with customers as required in a positive and caring manner.
• Carry out all of the Policies and Procedures as set forth by OHG
• Other tasks as directed by Manager of Hockey Operations
• Positive, energetic, enthusiastic, confident and able to connect with youth athletes
• Leadership / Team Building / Problem Solving / Conflict Resolution
• Create an environment that encourages players to reach their full potential
• Willingness to work flexible schedule and should be able to commit to length of camp
These positions are both very rewarding and demanding and applicants must enjoy teaching the game of hockey to youth players of all levels and abilities. By joining our team you will have an opportunity to create new friendships with other staff, touch the lives of the players in your care, and add valuable experience to your resume.
Salary will depend upon experience and work load. Successful applicants will be required to pass a Criminal Record Check if over the age of 18. Successful applicants will also be required to complete online training prior to commencement of employment. First aid training considered an asset.
Going to OHA was one of the greatest decisions I have made for my hockey career. OHA prepared me for the next level. Skating, strength, speed, conditioning. I wouldn't be the player and person that I am today if I hadn’t chosen OHA."