Okanagan Hockey Camps is now accepting resumes for Dry Land Instructor for our 2017 summer camp operations in Calgary, AB, Edmonton, AB, Kelowna, BC, and Penticton, BC.
If working with youth players in a structured, fun, fast paced environment appeals to you please submit your playing and work resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please identify in your cover letter which location you are looking to work at, period you can commit to and position you are applying for.
• Guide players through dry land curriculum for the specific age group
• Responsible for safety and well-being of players
• Model positive and appropriate behaviour to players and other OH staff
• Provide feedback, correction and encouragement throughout the sessions.
• Oversee dry land program and manage support staff of groups
• Provide instruction, feedback and correction for all stations as outlined in the Dry Land curriculum.
• Ensure athletes are challenging themselves in a safe manner
• Clean, organize, maintain all associated equipment.
• Deal with and report any behavioral issues and incidents that occur.
• Engage with customers as required in a positive and caring manner.
• Carry out all of the Policies and Procedures as set forth by OHG
• Other tasks as directed by Manager of Hockey Operations
• Positive, energetic, enthusiastic, confident and able to connect with youth athletes
• Leadership / Team Building / Problem Solving / Conflict Resolution
• Create an environment that encourages players to reach their full potential
• Willingness to work flexible schedule and should be able to commit to length of camp
These positions are both very rewarding and demanding and applicants must enjoy teaching the game of hockey to youth players of all levels and abilities. By joining our team you will have an opportunity to create new friendships with other staff, touch the lives of the players in your care, and add valuable experience to your resume.
Salary will depend upon experience and work load. Successful applicants will be required to pass a Criminal Record Check if over the age of 18. Successful applicants will also be required to complete online training prior to commencement of employment. First aid training considered an asset.
My dream is to play hockey at the highest level. My three years at OHA were instrumental in helping me move forward on that path, teaching me what it takes to be a pro both on and off the ice."