Okanagan Hockey Camps is now accepting resumes for Assistant On Ice Instructors for our 2017 summer camp operations in Calgary, AB, Edmonton, AB, Kelowna, BC, and Penticton, BC.
If working with youth players in a structured, fun, fast paced environment appeals to you please submit your playing and work resume with a cover letter to email@example.com. Please identify in your cover letter which location you are looking to work at, period you can commit to and position you are applying for.
• Following the OH Camps programming, assist Head Instructor with on ice instruction.
• Responsible for safety and well-being of players
• Model positive and appropriate behaviour to players and other OH staff
• Provide feedback and encouragement throughout all activities
• Assist Head Instructor with on ice drills. Be fully prepared by learning programs that you are involved in prior to start of ice sessions.
• Engage with students and provide feedback and correction on skating, shooting, passing, checking and puck handling techniques
• Set up and demonstrate drills as required
• Monitor and assist in dressing room supervision pre and post ice sessions.
• Assist in evaluation process as required.
• Deal with and report any behavioral issues and incidents that occur.
• Engage with customers as required in a positive and caring manner.
• Carry out all of the Policies and Procedures as set forth by OHG
• Other tasks as directed by Manager of Hockey Operations
• Previous Junior, College or Professional hockey playing experience.
• Previous coaching or instructing experience.
• Create an environment that encourages players to reach their full potential
• Positive, energetic, enthusiastic, confident and able to connect with youth athletes
• Willingness to work flexible schedule and should be able to commit to length of camp
• Leadership / Team Building / Problem Solving / Conflict Resolution
• Creative approach to solutions
These positions are both very rewarding and demanding and applicants must enjoy teaching the game of hockey to youth players of all levels and abilities. By joining our team you will have an opportunity to create new friendships with other staff, touch the lives of the players in your care, and add valuable experience to your resume.
Salary will depend upon experience and work load. Successful applicants will be required to pass a Criminal Record Check. Successful applicants will also be required to complete online training prior to commencement of employment. First aid training considered an asset.
OHA was amazing for the development of my hockey career; the skills you learn allow you to excel when you move on to the next level."